'Identifying, Preventing and Protecting' - Sutton Multi-Agency Domestic Violence and Abuse Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) Strategy 2015-18'
The overall aim of the strategy, governed by Safer Sutton Partnership is to to enhance and further develop effective coordinated community responses by fully involving health, police, judicial and legal, adult and children’s social care, schools and colleges, religious or cultural and other community interest groups, as part of a tiered (primary, secondary and tertiary) preventative approach to tackling Domestic Violence and Abuse/VAWG.
This will be achieved by:
- Supporting early intervention and prevention initiatives as a whole approach and which can reduce the number of people requiring more extensive and costly crisis interventions later on
- Appropriately training and supporting staff and volunteers to recognise and intervene on domestic abuse
- Ensuring that victims and their families are aware of and able to seek help from the relevant services and have confidence in those services
- Ensuring that our commissioned services (be they statutory or voluntary) have the capacity to prevent or intervene early to stop abuse
- Ensuring that when victims are in crisis there are appropriate services to respond to their need and reduce the risk of further harm
- Ensuring that there are support mechanisms in place for survivors of abuse and their families to help them recover and lead safe and fulfilling lives and to reduce risk of reverting to crisis
- Ensuring that there are programmes in place that can challenge, educate and change the behaviour of perpetrators to reduce further harm and offending
- Establishing a culture of non acceptance and non-tolerance of violent, abusive and controlling behaviour.
Strategy Files Download Area
Some of the documents are in Adobe Acrobat Format (PDF), to view these files you will need to have the Acrobat Reader installed, click here to download the Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.