Some of the documents are in Adobe Acrobat Format (PDF), to view these files you will need to have the Acrobat Reader installed, click here to download the Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.
(1 MB) - A guide to Facebook security
- How to stay safe with Facebook: a guide for young adults, parents and teachers.
(242 KB) - Advice on child internet safety
- From the UK Council for Child Internet Safety
(327 KB) - Facebook for School Counselors
- Rapid growth and innovation of the technologies we use is a fact of life today. In a world that is becoming more connected and more social, this advancement is having a profound impact on people’s lives – from the way they share to how they learn. Nowhere is this shift clearer than in schools. Social networking can have a productive function in education. When confrontations arise, social networks empower people to raise issues and address them together. The transparency enabled by social media can also create positive social norms that impact kids online and off.
This article can be found in the eSafety section.
(299 KB) - eSafety for parents of primary school parents
- A little guide to help you and your child explore the Internet safely and with confidence.
(3 MB) - The Byron Report
- Safeguarding Children in a Digital World - full version.
(970 KB) - The Bryon Report
- Safeguarding Children in a Digital World - summary for children and young people.
(24 KB) - The internet in a typical Sutton school.
- A desciption of how web filtering and email are protected for pupil use.
(172 KB) - Parent Know How
- Home Office guide on how to keep your child safe on the Internet for parents and carers.
(1 MB) - O2 guide: mobiles and the internet
- ... a guide for parents.
(712 KB) - Facebook privacy settings guide
- With acknowledgement to Hidden Oaks School.
(1 MB) - London Play
- Professor Tanya Byron discusses Play in the digital age.
(881 KB) - A parents' guide to Facebook
- Provided by ConnectSafely and iKeepSafe.
(409 KB) - Stay legal with online media
- A guide for parents, teachers and young people in staying legal whilst using online media.
(1 MB) - Geotagging
- A US Army document written for troops indicating the dangers of Geotagging, but one which equally applies to all of us.
(154 KB) - Mobile phone safety
- Produced by CSEF
(409 KB) - Mucic, Film, TV and the Internet
- A Childnet International guide for parents and Teachers.