Missing & Running Away
Running away from home isn't always planned. It can be a last-minute decision, and you might not be prepared – with no money, warm clothes or any idea about where you might seek help.
Young people might run away because of:
- arguments with family
- problems at school
- forced marriage
- being in a stressful situation.
You might feel like there's nowhere else to turn, but running away to live on the streets is never the answer.
If you're having problems with your family, in care, or are being abused or neglected, there's ways you can get support.
If you feel like it's your only option, it can help to talk things through first. There might be options you hadn't thought about.
- try talking to an adult you trust about what's going on
- talk confidentially to Childline, who can listen and support you
- get advice from the Runaway helpline if you're thinking of running away
- get support from Centrepoint if you're at risk of being homeless
You will find useful links below.