Tuesday 29th September 2015
COMMUNITY SAFETY PRESENTATIONS FOR PARENTS AT SUTTON LIFE CENTRE ON TUESDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2015
This event has been kindly organised by the Safer Sutton Partnership Service, in joint partnership with Sutton LSCB, Sutton Council, the Met Police and Sutton Life Centre.
Target audience: parents of school age children in Sutton
Issue to be addressed: Sexting - the sending and passing on of explicit texts, images and videos via internet/mobile phone.
Date: Tuesday, 20 October at Sutton Life Centre
Timings: 12noon-1pm and 6-7pm (same day)
Invite capacity in '360 room': 90 guests seated. Landscape images of teenager's bedroom to be projected on all four walls so parents get the feel they are sitting in a teenager's bedroom (underlines capability of Life Centre). Online safety packs being produced to contain all relevant literature.
- Guests on arrival to be escorted/fast tracked to 360 room
- Host Jonathan Williams, Quality Assurance, LBS, to welcome parents
- Speaker 1 Jo Sharpen from Ava Project to present (15-20 mins) on what is sexting, type of images, scale of sexting, risks for children and impact on them
- Speaker 2 Detective Constable Karen France, from the Met's Sexual Exploitation and Child Abuse Command to present (15-20mins) about the law and enforcement and the consequences of coming to the attention of police
- Mr Williams to take any questions from parents for guest speakers
- Mr Williams to announce that schools officers are available for 1-1 chats and that LBS has an e-safety officer who carries out talks in schools who will also be available on the way out
- Escorts to take/slow track guests out through the Life Centre scenarios (dining room; bedroom, transport room and Street)
- Refreshments, 1-1s with staff and information stands available in Street
Numbers are restricted to 90 places per session and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Places are restricted to only two members per family.
To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8649 0681/ 0613 between 8am-4pm. Please provide your name, how many places you wish to book (one or two) and state which session you would like to attend (either 12pm or 6pm).
Friday 11th September 2015
Sutton LSCB held a successful Leadership Event yesterday on the important topic of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE). All resources availble in the delegate packs plus the presentation are now available to view and download in the CSE section of this website.
An updated version of the HR Multi-Agency Good Practice guidance is now available to download in the 'Practitioner's downloads' section of our website.
The work of the HR subgroup on this document is going to be referenced within the revised Pan London Safeguarding Adults Procedures as a good practice example. We would like to thank and congratulate our HR subgroup participants for this piece of work.
Friday 24th July 2015
Female Genital Mutilation Protection Orders came into force on the 17 July 2015 in England, Northern Ireland and Wales. FGM Protection Orders are unique to each case and contain legally binding conditions, prohibitions and restrictions to protect the person at risk of FGM.
Source: Family Law http://www.familylaw.co.
Further information: NSPCC Website http://www.nspcc.org.
Source: Gov.uk https://www.gov.uk/
Family Law http://www.familylaw.co.